[klaatumail] Legal downlaods

  • From: "Bradley, David" <David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:19:01 -0400

The recent mention of Napster and eMusic made me think about some stuff
that's not out on CD by an artist that IS placing tracks on those
services.....

Unfortunately iTunes, Napster and eMusic do not appear to have the 4
Rational Youth "Heredity" tracks that haven't been released on CD yet:

I've Got A Sister In The Navy
Bang On
Burn The Night Away
Sorry

While "I've Got A Sister In The Navy" did appear on the "All Our
Saturdays" compilation CD, it contained a previously unreleased extended
remix and not the LP version.

Nor do any of those legit download services have the 12" single edits
for Call Me and Bang On that are out there in the vinyl world.

:-(

I understand that the fans wanted Cold War Night Life instead of
Heredity when EMI was going to release Heredity and the plans got put on
hold for Heredity, possibly permanently, but the tracks are truly
fantastic, and Bang On (written by Duran Duran producer John Jones) is
an incredible song!

And while we're at it, for the Cold War Night Life CD release in the
late 90s on EMI, there were edited versions of two of the tracks:

On 'Just a Sound in the Night', 4 bars are missing from the intro.

On 'I Want TO See the Light', there are 3 edits to the middle section
and the lead-in to the outro which Tracy Howe felt were "repetitive
junk".  So those two tracks aren't available on CD yet in their original
vinyl form either.

And these aren't up on the various download sites either. :-(

Dave Bradley