[klaatumail] Re: Help with CD burning

  • From: Tom Warfel <jeffandtom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "db65@xxxxxxxxxxx" <db65@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 21:19:36 +0000 (UTC)

Dave and Mark, thanks for the responses.  Dave, I downloaded the EAC program
and found it ridiculously easy to use and understand.  Jesh.  No where in the
nero technical documentation does it say that you have to rip the cds first
before you can burn them.  They have the info on how to do it buried so deep
in the menus that it took 30 minutes to find it and then it is so clumsy.
A few questions on CD text.  After trying several things to get the artist
title to move with the burn, I realized that WMA does not support text.  Now
it will display that info on the source (commercially produced cd) but not on
one that I created. I will find the plug in to fix that on another day.  My
question is, if I rip the cd into mp3 and not wav will it carry with the new
burned disc or is that out of the question.  The burns that I have done with
nero from mp3 will carry the cd text (at least in my car cd player).  I guess
the question is, will a burn to wav give me the highest quality rip as opposed
to an mp3?
Next novice question.  When I buy a commercial version of this product since
my trial ran out already, If I choose the cd-dvd-bluray version, I would need
to have a cd-dvd-bluray burner.  My current burner is only cd-dvd,  Is that
right?
EAC burns these discs so quickly compared to nero.  Have you used the DVD
piece of this and is it as easy to use?  Nero's DVD functions are very clumsy
also.
Anyway.  I understand this so much better now.
Thanks for your help.
Tom Warfel