[kismac] passive scan

  • From: Lasse Jespersen <l.j@xxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:51:39 +0200

I don't recall ever picking up a weak packet with KisMAC. Not with my orinoco classic gold, nor with my other prism2.5 based card. I am aware that it's perhaps because no weak packets are generated - But some of the ap's i've listened to MUST be generating weak packets - they are quite old, and have a lot of wavelan traffic. Anyone care to explain?

Mick: If you read this, please answer. You are the authority on Kismac.

P.S.: I have been able to pick up a few weak packets with bsd-airtools. But I much prefer using KisMAC.

Regards,

Lasse