[kismac] Re: passive scan

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:46:01 +0200

On 10. Jun 2004, at 21:51 Uhr, Lasse Jespersen wrote:

I don't recall ever picking up a weak packet with KisMAC. Not with my orinoco classic gold, nor with my other prism2.5 based card. I am aware that it's perhaps because no weak packets are generated - But some of the ap's i've listened to MUST be generating weak packets - they are quite old, and have a lot of wavelan traffic. Anyone care to explain?

Mick: If you read this, please answer. You are the authority on Kismac.

P.S.: I have been able to pick up a few weak packets with bsd-airtools. But I much prefer using KisMAC.

sorry i have no idea. but the bsd airtools application is very optimistic. which means that not all reported weaks can actually be used for cracking. some elder APs have also had firmware upgrades, which prevent weak IVs...

mick