[kismac] Re: little tutorial

  • From: Oskar Lissheim-Boethius <avocade@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:03:59 +0200

On 26 maj 2005, at 13.01, Lasse Jespersen wrote:

2M data packets with packet reinjection or with normal passive scanning? Because with packet reinjection I got always an error: KisMAC was unable to start a reinjection attack, because: The networks seems to be not reacting. It's the problem you described?
With which function I finally try to get in? Wordlist Attack, Weak Sheduling Attack or Bruteforce?

I get the same problem. Running latest version of Kismac on Tiger 10.4.1 on my orinoco gold-card. I'm using the new wirelessdriver for tiger.

Still have the problem that when I choose to patch the driver with the kismac installer, then reboot, the system says it cannot load the driver, which is the same problem I had before I got the new version from Rob.

But of course, the new driver has the same bug as before, which means I have to reboot the computer after I quit kismac if I want to use the orinoco-card as a regular network-card to connect to a newly sniffed network.

On a sidenote: when I choose Authentication Flood, kismac hangs after a while. In the console I get the message "write failed" in the MacJack driver.

/Oskar