[kismac] Re: Wireless Card

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:58:54 +0200

At 12:36 AM -0700 2004-07-23, Galen wrote:

 I'm on a nice new PowerBook G4 with that annoying Broadcom 802.11g
 chipset excuse for an airport card. I want to find the cheapest PC
 card for my laptop so I can get back to using passive scanning! Any
 best bets for low-cost cards that have decent to very good
 reception/sensitivity? (I'm in the USA)

Well, Senao has a number of resellers around the world, and if you check out the SeattleWireless pages at <http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/HardwareComparison>, you will note that they have some of the best sensitivity and power of any cards on the market. They usually are very inexpensive (don't pay too much attention to the prices at SeattleWireless, because you can usually get them for much less), and may be the least expensive cards you can find.

So, combine low price with high sensitivity and high power, and they come out as being the best cards available on a price/performance ratio -- by far.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755