[kismac] Re: Wireless Card

  • From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 06:18:56 -0400

Oh yeah and if you really want great range, get one of the Inpath yagi antennas (http://www.inpath.com/indoorflagyagi.html) for the Orinoco gold classic card as it has the built in antenna connector. I've gotten 700 to 1000 foot line-of-sight range to my Airport base station.

Erik

On Jul 23, 2004, at 3:36 AM, Galen wrote:

I'm on a nice new PowerBook G4 with that annoying Broadcom 802.11g chipset excuse for an airport card. I want to find the cheapest PC card for my laptop so I can get back to using passive scanning! Any best bets for low-cost cards that have decent to very good reception/sensitivity? (I'm in the USA)

Thanks!

-Galen