[kismac] Re: Question on USB-nics

  • From: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:42:44 -0500

Get a DLink DWL-122 USB WiFi adapter. It's perfect for the task, and cheap (about $20 from Amazon [at least Amazon in Europe] or on eBay).

The Syntax USB400 works with the Dlink software after the usual plist ID hack as well (and thus with kismac, just to be clear). About the same price, although I happened to get mine for $30 with a $30 rebate...

Just a note - although DLink's release notes claimed to have fixed this, the ibook will still occasionally panic when pulling the device out "weakly" - when I pull it out fast, never a panic though. Make sure you're clear to the side, and yank it smartly out :-)

Stefan Jeglinski