[kismac] Re: KisMAC on a MacBook

  • From: Lars Scheithauer <larsscheithauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:58:33 +0100

Hi, Petra,

how about the internal adapter of your macbook? I managed to get it running with the latest svn. I'm also able to use passive mode, which was not able with the latest binarybuild. However, packetdumps are not crackable with external tools. The internal cracker does not seem to work for me either. After asking on the list, someone told me that dumps with the internal card don't work right now.

If your internal is working and dumps are okay, could you post your cardids from the systemprofiler?

Another question about the drivers: If you have a macbook, how are you able to use the Intersil-drivers if there are only some available for the ppc-arch? Does rosetta work with drivers as well?

Thanks in advance!

Am 27.11.2006 um 13:49 schrieb Petra Honig:

Hi,

I have kismac running on a macbook. The current release (Build 138) does support packet injection with an Intersil based DWL-122 adapter. Also it receives well. I can save dumps and analyze them with Wireshark. Also I am able to break 40 and 104 bit web keys using the builtin functions.

If I use the binary of build 208 from the website or build latest 216 from source. I can additionally use a RALINK based DWL-G122 adapter and the Intersil DWL-122 on a macbook for tracing but it crashes when I want to inject packages. This even happens with the Intersil DWL-122. Using the same binary on a PowerMac does not crash the system.

That's my current state.

Here are the sticks I was using on my macbook:

D-Link DWL-122 A1
Netgear MA111

ASUS WL-167G
D-Link DWL-G122 C1

The last two one are RALINK based and have drivers for the macbook. The first ones are Intersil and have only PowerPC drivers. I have soldered external antenna connectors to all of them. Either by replacing the internal antenna or using a secondary antenna connector on the PCB. All do not have extern antenna connectors by default.

You can easily get the older Intersil adapters for 10-15 Euro on ebay.

and according to a previous post, the current driver for macbook does not correctly save dumps, so attacks on the key may not be done via kismac.

Am 27.11.2006 um 05:36 schrieb Kevin Burns:

kismac currently only supports prism2 devices for packet injection (and those only work on 802.11b networks)

On Nov 26, 2006, at 7:21 AM, Rarok wrote:

I downloades the svn files of KisMAC and I compiled it with compile.command, but now I can't get it working. It seems that works like passive, but I
can't Inject packages. what I'm forgetting to do?
Thanks and excuse me for my bad english (i'm spanish)

--
"Ein Herz für Kinder" - Ihre Spende hilft! Aktion: www.deutschlandsegelt.de Unser Dankeschön: Ihr Name auf dem Segel der 1. deutschen America's Cup-Yacht!