[kismac] Re: KisMAC on a MacBook

  • From: "Petra Honig" <petra.honig@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:49:31 +0100

I have kismac running on a macbook. The current release (Build 138) does
support packet injection with an Intersil based DWL-122 adapter. Also it
receives well. I can save dumps and analyze them with Wireshark. Also I am able
to break 40 and 104 bit web keys using the builtin functions.

If I use the binary of build 208 from the website or build latest 216 from
source. I can additionally use a RALINK based DWL-G122 adapter and the Intersil
DWL-122 on a macbook for tracing but it crashes when I want to inject packages.
This even happens with the Intersil DWL-122. Using the same binary on a
PowerMac does not crash the system.

That's my current state.

Here are the sticks I was using on my macbook:

D-Link DWL-122 A1
Netgear MA111

D-Link DWL-G122 C1

The last two one are RALINK based and have drivers for the macbook. The first
ones are Intersil and have only PowerPC drivers.
I have soldered external antenna connectors to all of them. Either by replacing
the internal antenna or using a secondary antenna connector on the PCB. All do
not have extern antenna connectors by default.

You can easily get the older Intersil adapters for 10-15 Euro on ebay.

and according to a previous post, the current driver for macbook does not
correctly save dumps, so attacks on the key may not be done via kismac.

Am 27.11.2006 um 05:36 schrieb Kevin Burns:

kismac currently only supports prism2 devices for packet injection (and those
only work on 802.11b networks)

On Nov 26, 2006, at 7:21 AM, Rarok wrote:

I downloades the svn files of KisMAC and I compiled it with compile.command,
but now I can't get it working. It seems that works like passive, but I
can't Inject packages. what I'm forgetting to do?
Thanks and excuse me for my bad english (i'm spanish)