[kismac] Re: KisMAC 0.04a GPS Success

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 07:35:28 +0100

Hi,

> How can I find out what the TTY for my GPS device is (eg:
> /dev/tty.usbserial0). Where can I find mine that works with the Holux
> usb ?
> If I select auto detect, than it shows : "no NMEA compat. Gps"

internally all usb gps devices convert from usb -> serial. i read the
fact sheet on the internet and yours should do this also. however i
could not find a driver for it and therefore i could not see, which
chipset it is using for this conversion. a lot of gps devices (like
mine) use the PL2302 chipset from prolific. they have a good osx driver
for it.

the tty device is the serial interface to the operating system. its
correct name depends on the driver for this chipset. have you got your
holux to work with other programs on os x?