[kismac] Re: KisMAC 0.04a GPS Success

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:04:32 +0100

> Well Mick, I've only used the Holux USB GPS under Classic with
> Route66. That
> works fine, but it's not really OSX :)
> I checked the /DEV/ directory while the GPS was connected, but I
> couldn't
> see anything in there that contains USB in its name.

i found a german oem reseller of holux devices. he claims that the
holux is pl-2303 compatible may be you give it a try. the driver that i
use is available under
http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/fcabdl.asp?fid=20933143 simply
install it, start the driver ('sudo kextload
/System/Library/Extensions/ProlificUsbSerial.kext'), plug-in your gps
and see, if it will work.