[kismac] Re: GPS/GPSd flaking out

  • From: Paul Jacoby <pej@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:47:15 -0500

I've done some further experimenting and found that KisMAC is losing communication with my GPS after about one minute, whether I use gpsd or a serial connection to my Holux GPSlim236 bluetooth unit or my Garmin eTrex connected via a KeySpan USB/Serial adapter.

I saw this posting on WiGLe.net about the gpsd folks finding some issues...could this relate at all to KisMac too?

http://wigle.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=3963#3963
http://www.nabble.com/Fix-repeatedly-lost-on-a-TomTom-ONE.- t2161391.html
http://www.netstumbler.org/showpost.php?p=138962&postcount=3

I have also noticed that running MAP display mode with the default map in KisMAC, most points will show where they should be, and then also up near the top-center of the map, as if coordinates are being lost and the map records the AP at 0,0. All is well in the log file... This sounds like the issue noted in the post linked to the Wigle topic.