[kismac] Re: Can we filter the list?

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 19:15:52 -0800

I have thought of implementing a few simple filters such as :

Find nearby networks (from saved list)
Filter Networks by range (show all nets within 10 miles of current location?)
FIlter Networks by time (show all nets seen within last 10 min)

These are currently all location centered filters, but perhaps a list of other filters could be applied as you suggest. I noticed as I approached ~ 200 nets in the list at once, sorting etc began to slow down. I figured if we only show recent or nearby nets it might make kismac easier to use and maybe avoid this delay. Any other ideas?

Geoff Kruse

On Dec 7, 2003, at 6:15 PM, Java Nut wrote:

Can we filter the list in the main window, so that only open non-WEP networks appear, or based on other critera?

Thanks

Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the FREE McAfee online computer scan! http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963