[karc] Technical presentations at meetings

  • From: Phil Somers <pwsomers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: KARC FreeList <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 09:31:02 -0700 (PDT)

At breakfast this morning, there were brochures for a projector that can
project
JPG images directly from a USB stick without needing a computer. Such a
capability offers an opportunity for more technical content in the monthly
meetings from club members. Understandably, many people don't want to give long
technical presentations at meetings but probably would like to give short
show-and-tells about something they find interesting. People could bring along
three or four JPG images on a USB stick and show them together with a few
comments. If several people did that, it would provide an easy and very
interesting addition to our monthly meetings.

What I would suggest is that the agenda for an upcoming meeting identify a
theme
such as "Photos of your shack", or "Photos of your antennas" or "Photos of your
latest toy or project".  Then people could share a few photos with the group,
and provide a basis of lots of interesting discussion. I think it would
increase
the appeal and attendance of the meetings, and it would be an easy way for KARC
members to put more emphasis on radios, antennas, equipment, projects,
electronics and experimenting, as well as other club activities.

... Phil VE3HST