[karc] Request for Assistance for Scouting Jamboree on the Air, October 18-19 / Volunteers Needed

  • From: "James Hodgson" <ve3hov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 11:04:24 -0400

Volunteers Needed
Mr. Murray Regush requested the assistance of Brockville Amateur Radio Club for
Jamboree on the Air – Mid-October.
Brockville Amateur Radio Club was unable to make a commitment after Tuesday
night meeting.
The issue was discussed last night at Kingston Amateur Radio Club and some
volunteers came forward.
Issue was also discussed at Iroquois Amateur Radio Club last night.  Awaiting
reply.
Still seeking volunteers and permission has been given to contact freelist.
Frontenac Radio Group will also be contacted.
Please read emails below for more information, first email contains request and
location, second email contains more information, number of people and
clearances required.

James (Jim) Hodgson
VE3HOV
Brockville.

Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 07:12:55 -0600
From: BARC Admin <mregush@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BARC Executive] BARC: Results from form on website...

Your Name: Murray Regush
Your Email Address: mregush@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Request for support from BARC  for Scouting Jamboree on the Air
Message: I am a Cub Scout
leader in 7th Prescott.Every year Scouting holds Jamboree on the Air for
Scouting world wide.I would like my Cub Scouts to participate in this event this
year but I need your assistance.The event runs 18-19 October 2014.Here is the
web link for Scouts Canada - http://www.jota-joti.ca/The Cub Scouts are camping
that weekend at Camp Sheldrick which is located on the Nation River at Hess
creek North. 12489 Webb Rd., off Nesbitt Rd., off Hwy31, South of Winchester,
DMS: 45°3’ 22”N -75°17’49”EWould you be able to support this event at
Camp Sheldrick for my Cub Scouts?Yours in ScoutingMurray Regush

Yes please, forward my request to the open freelist for volunteers.

Police Record Check not required but there is some limited paperwork and policy
awareness I will need to pass.

I have approx 10 Cub Scouts and 4 leaders that will be at this camp.

This is the first time we have participated in JOTA so it will be a learning
experience.

Yours in Scouting

Murray Regush

Akela, 7th Prescott Cub Pack