[karc] Re: Popular Science Archive

  • From: assaf shool <assaf_x@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:29:28 -0500

Indeed, and if you go to page 66, there is a blurb where Arthur C. Clarke
predicts modern day Internet with surprising accuracy. He was slightly off with
some minute technical details, but this was written when a vacuum tube
mainframe was still considered a viable option.

There is also an archive of InfoWorld magazine available.

http://books.google.com/books?rview=0&lr=&q=magazine_serial%3AgjoEAAAAMBAJ&btnG=Search+Books

I'm not sure quite how far back it goes back but it's a long, long way.

Assaf

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:56:23 -0500
From: ve3zxt@xxxxxxxxx
To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [karc] Re: Popular Science Archive

Very cool.   I remember reading PS as a kid.   Great to look back.   I
can't believe the amount of content in a single issue.  For example,
look at the May 1970 issue (link below).   That issue had over 160
pages and many of them dense with content.    I'd say many of today's
magazines need to publish 12 issues to equal this level of content.
Thanks for sharing.   73, Peter, VE3ZXT

http://books.google.com/books?id=8QAAAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_v2_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on
Facebook.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691816