[karc] HF radio with voice output for sale locally?

  • From: Steve Cutway <ve3kc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 16:01:10 -0500

Hi all:

I just had a call from Bill Harvey VE3NWH who said that someone told him on the repeater recently that someone locally has a HF transceiver with voice output for sale. He's interested in knowing more about it as he's thinking about getting back on HF.

If someone has a HF transceiver with voice output for sale, please contact me off list:
MailTo:ve3kc@xxxxxxxxx

For those who may not know the term, 'voice output', it refers to the ability to hear the frequency and possibly other parameters spoken using a voice synthesizer. Several HF and VHF radios include this feature, usually as an option. The only two radios I know of that include it as a standard feature are the Yaesu FT-450 and the Elecraft K3 latest revision.

Cheers & 73s,

Steve VE3KC