[karc] Club Event - 5/6 Jun 09??

  • From: "david Lawrence" <va3orp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:23:24 -0400 (EDT)

To All Club Members;
  I know that we have all been touched by the recent loss of Tom Lloyd.
There is something positive we can do in Tom's memory.

  On 5/6 June the Canadian Cancer Society will be running their annual
"Relay for Life".  This is a 12 hour fund raiser that involves various
teams walking around a track overnight.  A team consists of at least ten
people with a commitment to raise $1,000.  Last year they raised
$250,000 that went towards cancer research and patient support.  There
are a lot of options about participating.  For example, we could operate
a ham station for 12 hours.

  I will bring some details to the next club meeting.  Maybe we can put a
team together.  I have $100 for the pot now.

Cheers...Dave, VA3ORP