[karc] CW net

  • From: VA3OL <va3ol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:11:58 -0700 (PDT)

CW NET Oct 16 - that is thisThursday night at 7:30 local time. I will try for a
frequency around 3.545. BUT you have to realize that we are searching for a
clear frequency so I may be up 10 or 20. I am not concerned about casual QSO's
interfering  but I am concerned about interfering with an established net. We
are a local net so please once you establish contact and get a signal report
you can reduce power to maintain contact. I will be running 100 watts; just to
let others know that we are there. I am in Bayridge so if you are close by you
don't need to bend my s-meter just to get in.

Protocol is that I will send CQ KFN several time and then listen for replys.. I
am then looking for checkins. Once you send your call please standby until I
acknoledge you ... It is kinda like the FM net but at a reduced
 pace..... Wait your turn and when I acknoledge you - so be prepared to send
your message.
Your report/ message can be as simple as: VA3OL de Vx3XXX name is bob, qth
kingston, 559 here, qru.

That gets you off of the hook! you have checked in, given your name and qth and
a signal report and told me that you have nothing for the net. That is all that
it takes.

Once all checkins are acknoledged and and if we have time we can enter into a
round table discussion.

This net will run 30 to 60 minutes; not a lot of time; but enough time to get
your feet wet and see if you like this mode....

Please join us if you have the time and the inclination.

Bill, VA3OL
Kingston, ON