[kada] Re: KASF Scholarship

  • From: john kim <johnkimdds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:54:57 -0400

hey ed,

do you have Maggie's address to mail the check?

thanks,

john kim

Subject: [kada] Re: KASF Scholarship
From: johnkimdds@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:31:31 -0400
To: kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey ed
I am in as well.
John

Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 12, 2013, at 12:27 AM, "Edward Chun" <edwardchun@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear KADA Members, As most of you know, I have been quite active with the
Korean American Scholarship Foundation (KASF) for the past 14 years.  I serve
as the Chair of the Scholarship Selection Committee for our region.  KASF is a
needs based national scholarship program that has been handing out scholarships
to worthy Korean-American students that are in financial need for the past 46
years.   This year, KASF will hand out over a $110,000 in scholarship money.
Among the recipients this year were three dental students.  They were: Jessica
Liu – a freshman at University of Louisville School of Dentistry Min Jung Kim –
a freshman at University of Pennsylvania Dental School Chris Kim – a sophomore
at University of Pennsylvania Dental School KASF will be holding their annual
Awards Banquet on Sunday, September 22nd, 2013 to recognize and present the
scholarships to this year’s recipients.  Chris Kim will be coming down from
Philadelphia and will be in attendance.  I think it would be extra special if
we could present Chris with a KADA Scholarship  which goes to the top dental
student and have one of our KADA members go on stage to present him with his
award.  The scholarship is for $2,000.  If KADA does not want to donate, Chris
will receive one of the general scholarships for KASF. Since we do not have a
lot of extra funds in our KADA account, I think it would be better for 10 of us
to donate $200 each to come up with the $2,000 for our KADA designated
scholarship that will be presented at the KASF Awards Banquet.  The checks are
tax deductible and should be made out to KADA and given to Maggie at our
meeting this Friday or mailed to her office address.  Maggie will then cut one
check to KASF in KADA’s name.  Thanks for your consideration.   I’m in, who’s
with me?
Ed