[kada] Re: KASF Scholarship

  • From: "Edward Chun" <edwardchun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 00:50:30 -0400

Thank you Mark Choe and Leo Lee.  Now we will present a check for $2400.
Also, if anyone has Maggie's office address please post.  I posted it before
but I don't have it handy right now.  Otherwise, I will repost on Monday
Brian.  Thanks again.

Ed

  _____

Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:04:47 -0700
From: drplee@xxxxxxxxx
To: kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear all:

Thank you again for your generosity and for your sincere act of kindness. I
am very honored by this great gesture from my colleagues.

I would like to provide you a brief information on whom this KADA Designated
Scholarship is awarded to. She is an outstanding individual who will be
attending the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. She is a
4.0 GPA,  Magna Cum Laude gradute from Georgetown University via Carnegie
Mellon University. She is not only an excellent academian, but also a
dedicated public servant. Her father is presently unemployed and is
undergoing chemotherapy for a cancer. Thus the only household income is
coming from her mother who is an assistant nurse. (Please keep this
information private)

I just thought you might want to know whom this fundraising about all about.
Unfortunately, there are many others with similar stories.

Again, my most sincere gratitude to all of you and, maybe some of you can
join us at the awards ceremony.

Very best,

Patrick

__________________

PATRICK C. LEE, DDS
CIDC MD

301.948.4378
1.888.4.DRLEE9

  _____

From: edwardchun@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:53:06 -0400

I spoke with Patrick and he said that we can give a larger scholarship for
the KADA designated scholarship.  Thanks to John Kim, Brian Lee, and C&R
dental (Wonje Cha and James Ryee) for also donating.  The recipient of the
KADA scholarship will now receive $2000.  Thank you everyone and please make
a check payable to KADA for $150 and send it to Maggie Lee.

Ed

From: edwardchun@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [kada] KASF Scholarship
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 22:05:48 -0400

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all having a great summer.  As many of you know, one of our
members, Dr. Patrick Lee, is the current President of the Korean American
Scholarship Foundation (KASF).  KASF hands out over $100,000 a year in
scholarship money to deserving students that have a financial need.  The
scholarships are handed out during a very nice awards banquet that will be
held on Sept. 13, 2009.  The Korean Medical Association (KMA) hands out a
designated scholarship to the top medical student each year.  I would like
it if KADA could donate a designated scholarship to the top dental student
during the awards banquet.   The amount of the KADA scholarship will be
$1500.  Since I do not want to use the money in our KADA account to fund
this scholarship, I would like to ask for 10 dentists to donate $150 each to
establish this scholarship.  If you are interested in helping out, please
let me know then send a check for $150 to our Treasurer Dr. Maggie Pak.  She
will cut the check to KASF.  Thank you in advance for your help in this
matter.

Also, a reminder that our next KADA general meeting will be on Thursday,
September 24th so please mark your calendars and plan to attend.

I'm in for the KADA scholarship so we will need 9 more people.  Thanks.

Ed

  _____

Get your vacation photos on your phone! Click
<http://windowsliveformobile.com/en-us/photos/default.aspx?&OCID=0809TL-HM>
here.

--
Brian Lee, DMD

  _____

Get free photo software from Windows Live Click
<http://www.windowslive.com/online/photos?ocid=PID23393::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-
US:SI_PH_software:082009>  here.

  _____

Windows LiveT: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.
<http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=PID23384::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:NF_BR_s
ync:082009>