[JA] spam

  • From: Leslie S Gottlieb <lesliepearson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:11:05 -0400

I doubt the people in the abuse department know who is a free user or not
when people send spam to them. I did notice the next few spam feedbacks
did not include parts of the incoming message in them.

I had an amusing spam experience yesterday. I got a offensively titled
spam referencing www.xcache.com. I looked up via combat.uxn.com the owner
of the site and forwared the e-mail. It turns out www.xcache.com isn't
pornographic at all (I don't go to the site in spam, ever!) - but a site
about server software. Apparently either the spammer held a grudge
against that company, or was SO CLUELESS they couldn't even spam the
correct site :)

Leslie Gottlieb
lesliepearson@xxxxxxxx