[JA] Re: juno_accmail Digest V3 #166

  • From: George H Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:08:10 -0700

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx> writes:

>I have heard that United Online will keep either free
>Juno or Netzero in areas where it already is, but not
>both.  So some people may have to switch to the
>other.

Hi David, and All,

Where'd you hear this?  A buddy or do you remember reading it somewhere?
Back last September when the two companies merged, Goldston, the new CEO
said that NetZero was to be their "Free" provider, and that Juno was
going all paid.  Don't know if that's still their plan, of course, but it
does seem like shutting down any more new Juno subscriber "Free"
accounts, e-mail or otherwise, may well be a step in that direction.  And
as usual, Juno has made this move "quietly"...  no fanfare as they
tighten the screws another notch.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.