[JA] Webmail glitch

  • From: Bob Avery <rwavery@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:24:13 -0500

Something happens to me using Juno webmail on certain public computers
that perplexes me.

If I want to reply to a message without forwarding it back to the person
who sent it or configuring Juno to automatically include the entire
original message in the reply window, I copy the part of the message I
wish to quote onto the Windows clipboard and paste into Juno's Compose
window.

Or I try to. This is where it gets interesting. On some machines, it's no
problem. On others, I get a popup that asks me if I want to allow Windows
copy and paste. Well, duh, yes! Then it pastes.

On still others,  nothing happens. It's as though I never did the copy.
OK, so does the adminstrator have copy and paste disabled? No, not
exactly, because I can paste into Word just fine on those same computers.

At one such installation, I discovered I could then copy from Word back
into the Compose window with no problem (using IE as the browser). Going
on step farther, I tried pasting into Word and then immediately pasting
into Juno, and that worked too! Huh? In other words, copying from the
original email and then pasting immmediately into Juno doesn't work, but
if I paste somewhere else first and then paste again into Juno, it does
work? What kind of sense does that make?

So I went one step more. Instead of trying to paste directly into the
Compose window and instead of using Word as an intermediary, I paste
directly into one of the header fields, like CC. That works too, and it
frees up whatever isn't letting it paste into the text box so that also
works!

But the next time I reply to an email, I have to go through the same
procedure all over: copy, paste into cc field, erase cc field, paste into
text box.

Can somebody tell me what's going on here?

Bob Avery