[JA] Veripost, an "email change of address solution?"

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:20:14 -0700

OK, I in no way work for these folks, nor intend to promote their
interests. I was surfing around and found this interesting. If you [by
accident or otherwise] find yourself having to change email addresses and
can't bother notifying your contacts, this FREE service may be of use.

[excerpts][my comments]
++++++++
http://www.veripost.net/
- Stay in Touch - Give friends, relatives and business associates a way
to find you from your old e-mail address - for free.  Also, notify
friends with free e-cards!    [free to you and your friends]
- Stay Informed - Allow your e-mail subscriptions to access your updated
address. [only for those subscription sources who sign up with Veripost
to pay for this privilege, and per your choosing of that level of
permission for address notification]
- Stay in Control - You decide who gets your e-mail address.  [two levels
of permission: let everyone who emails know, or tell me who is asking,
then I decide]

http://www.veripost.net/how_it_works/
Change Your E-mail, Keep Your Contacts[trademark].  Veripost helps keep
you in touch with family, friends, business associates and online
subscriptions after an e-mail address change.

So how does the system work?
- First, register with Veripost. Our registration process is fast, free
and as easy as entering your old and current e-mail addresses. Upon
verification of your change, you're ready to go!
- When a contact discovers that your old e-mail address is no longer
current, Veripost's service helps locate you. The requester enters your
old e-mail address and asks for your current one.
- What happens next is up to you. Veripost will either automatically
provide your e-mail address, or we will submit the requester's
information to you for approval via e-mail. You determine your preferred
course of action during the registration process.

http://www.veripost.net/faq/#1
[I could quote from this, but why not keep the message size down?
Go here for more answers and details on this service.]
+++++++++

Any comments, or other suggestions for such situations?

fyi from thepccat