[JA] Re: Pasting Links

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 15:17:21 -0700

Thanks! I did not know that about Word 97.

I tested Word 97 SR-2 out with some ad from ZoneLabs, and you copy and
paste to Word 97, select all or part of one link, then either
[1] Right click, choose Hyperlink>Edit Hyperlink, or
[2] Enter Ctrl-K.
In either case, a window comes up with the URL in view.

Re my copy of WordPad:
----
WORDPAD.EXE,
WordPad MFC Application
204,800 bytes,
Microsoft(R) Windows NT(R) Operating System
version 5.00.1691.1
----
All per Properties. This is the file I got with my emachine CD-ROM, for a
Win 98 SR-2 OS.

Why yours does not do this is an interesting question. Does someone have
an answer? Whatever works, I guess.

thepccat

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 08:10:53 -0700 John W Sherman <jsherman@xxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Great tip.  I've been wondering how to determine where those links went
> without clicking on them!  But it does't show up in WordPad for me.   I
> wonder if you've got it configured differently.  However, links CAN
> be pasted into Word 97.  You just can't see where they go until you
> mouse over them or edit them with Ctrl-K.
> > By The Way, I stumbled upon this gimmick using WordPad to reveal
hidden
> > links. [copy the text from the html ad and paste into WordPad
-thepccat]]