[JA] Re: "New" phone numbers <eureka> was <sigh>

  • From: Jamie Orr <jamieorr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:19:14 -0800

Jèrel & all,

It is working finally this morning!  I have the "new" phone #'s to
use, thus neither Juno nor myself were bothered by the wasted
bandwidth, wasted processing, subsequent loss of error/hint
message as to how the transmission worked with the replaced,
untruthful (IMO) message about being unable to temporarily
process & will resend message, etc.  Plus Juno & the old POP's
owner will not have the accounting problem that resulted from
Juno's new numbers not updating/being used in spite of my
continued, numerous attempts to correct this problem w/ my
frequent changing of "tongue position". <g>

This is due to Jèrel's providing the extensive new telephone #
list (for my Area Code) which allowed my using currently valid
POP's, so that I could get away from getting the faulty(?) DDX
that I got when I used the old/bad POP (I speculate), AND Jèrel's
suggestion to connect first thing after starting Juno 1.49 (I
speculate).

My sincere appreciation to Jèrel's and [JA]'s excellent help in
making JUNO all it more what it might be,
Jamie

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:13:40 -0800 Jèrel DD Arbaugh
<computerist@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>[. . .]
>       If problems persist, contact me off list.  Unfortunatly,
>altering
>dialperf.nv without the special tools, will just end in disaster.
>[. . .]

I did NOT attempt that alteration!