[JA] "Never Dial" in IE 5

  • From: Jim Henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:23:40 -0400

> Subject: [JA] "Never Dial" in IE
> From: Babette C Bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>

BCVB> If Jim and George are talking about the IE option to
> "never dial"....if you select that, you get a window that says
> IE can't connect.  And you can't get on the web until you go
> in and change the option.

Not so for me, with IE 5 and Juno 5, starting IE not on its own but
only through the Juno Web tab.   That's what we were discussing.
It also never happened to me with IE 5 and Juno 4.  Maybe you are
using other versions, other configurations, or other circumstances.
One would need to know those things, to give useful advice.

> This is exactly what happens to me every once in a while and I
> can't figure out WHAT is triggering it...I THINK it hapens when I
> am in another Juno account, and try to go onto the web, and since
> I am set up in  IE to dial up with this account, it screws things up.

Never having tried this, I cannot confirm, disagree or explain.

BVCB> In any event, when I spoke to Juno about it, they
> suggested reloading the program to see if that helped.

One never knows; even the advice of a Juno phone drone
might some day turn out to be worth its weight in horse manure.

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org