[JA] More "Fun With Juno" - Addybook

  • From: rsgilmore@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:40:45 -0400

In J-4.11...
While playing with merging address books from different userxxxx files..
using notepad or other text editor...
I was able to cut-n-paste the ENTRY sections together (disregarded the
LISTs),  saved back as ADDRBOOK.NV, & relaunch Juno...
It complained about some duplicate ALIASs, and suggested changes, but
otherwise accepted the combined lists, resorted it all, and went on it's
merry way with the "new" book...

Appears that the .NV file is kept in memory while Juno runs, and re-saved
in whichever state it was last sorted... by name, addy, or alias when
exited.   The "new" .NV got overwritten by the old in that circumstance.

Naturally, make sure you have good copies of your originals before
starting to play...;-)

R. Scott Gilmore  N8BQN  Saginaw MI  USA
"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report  the facts."
--Will Rogers