[JA] Re: Lost folders - some success

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 20:28:23 -0800

Peggy, you used some version of Microsoft Works [for windows] [wps]. A
text editor would probably also work.

Liked your rant on [some] tech people -- clicking on little pictures
indeed!

The tech people situation has been dreary and is getting worse, almost
wherever people comment on the subject. Major brands are cheaping out on
tech support, so paying more for Dell or whatever is senseless when one
can get a working basic computer from emachines for up to half the name
brand price [and if parts fail, just go to the local computer store and
buy another part with the savings, tech support is nonexistant in either
case].

Then there is Juno, which could never be considered a major brand...

It certainly is gratifying to be smarter than the average tech!

Live and learn,
thepccat

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 15:08:19 -0500 outtolaunch@xxxxxxxx writes:
> Hi,
[...]
> I have managed to recover at least
> some of my messages (haven't had time to go through all of it)
> by re-naming a copy of my backup "mailbox.wps."
[...]