[JA] Re: Kill popups with Google Toolbar

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:13:29 PDT

}Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:33:53 -0700
}Subject: [JA] Kill popups with Google Toolbar
}From: thepccat
}
}The last time I visited Google Toolbar
}http://toolbar.google.com/install
}to reinstall it I found an "experimental feature" which some might wish
}to set:
}"Suppress the onUnload JavaScript event" [kills popups after closing
}window]

        The ones that I hate the most when accessing from a real browser
are the "POP DOWN" ads!  These hide under your browser window, so that
you may have hundreds of them sitting on your screen, after you exit the
browser!  And you likely have no idea what site they came from!
--
| Computerist.    KG6HNO  This user is located in California.  It is a
violation of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this
user.
---