[JA] Juno Weirdness

  • From: bvcb@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 11:03:14 -0700

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Juno 4.0 twice in the last couple of
weeks, as indicated by some of my questions.  However, I'm now beginning
to wonder if the program I'm installing is a little corrupted....it's
what I downloaded from the Juno site a long time ago.

After the last reinstalle the following has happened:

1.  A second listing of one of my accounts appeared again in the list of
account that comes up when you open Juno.
        i.e.:  I have the original account listed - "abc"
                        AND
                A new listing of- "abc@xxxxxxxx"

If you open the "abc!juno.com", you get what appears to be a whole empty
account...no folders from the original account, nothing in the
addressbook.

Once when I tried deleting the "new" account, it removed both the new and
the original, and I had to reimport the original.  Another time, it
removed only the "new" account from the list.

This seems to happen episodically,and I can't find out what triggers it.

2.  This is the Juno account I pay for, and with which I usually go onto
the net, so it is set for my default account in IE.  Yesterday, I
happened to go on line via one of the free accounts to go to a web link,
which worked fine.  I went out of that account, and my husband used this
one for a while on the web.  However, suddenly he could not connect.
When I checked the dial up connection window, it had the free account
listed in it, and no password!

Of course, all I had to do was change it to this acount, but I don't know
why or when these changes happen...they have done so before.

I have a CD for 4.0, but it has a "Juno adjusted"  Internet Explorer on
it.  Last time I tried using it, I think it loaded its old IE whether I
wanted it or not.  I am running IE 6.0, with all safety patched and I
don't want it changed.  Is there some way to bypass getting it changed if
I try reinstalling with the CDROM?