[JA] Juno 4.11 Inbox Crash

  • From: Don Elias <donelias@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 01:53:53 -0600

I am running Juno 4.11 with Win 98SE and my Juno Inbox
crashed today as i was in the process of retrieving my email
(Via DSL and Megamail).

The ugly looking fold0000.bad file is there and I'm sure that
a lot of the messages would be intact if I could only figure
out how to "retrieve" them.  Does anyone have any idea how
to attempt this????

Specifically here's what happened.  I was downloading my mail
and I received the message saying that I had over 1000
messages.  Sure enough there were 1004 messages in my
inbox so I selected about 10 of them and moved them to a
different folder.  Then I did what I commonly do (that seems
to reset the number of messages to the actual amount) was
to bring up my "deleted folder" and then go back to my "inbox."
It was at this time I got an error message and my inbox was
now renamed to folder0000.bad and the new folder0000.frm
contanined the messages that could not fit into the inbox from
the download.

I remember Larry Cook???? talking about the format of the
V4.11 files but I couldn't find the reference in the archives.
I tried to import the "bad" file but that didn't fly.  I tried to fix
the front end of the "bad" file by adding "From" lines but the
resulting import resulted in 25 "messages" that were each
very, very large.  The messages were somewhat recognizable
as truncated messages of what I originally had but not enough
to be useable.

I obviously did not have a current backup because I was just
in the process of getting the new messages.

Any thoughts out there???   (No, I don't mean about me.)   :^)

Don