[JA] Re: IE version

  • From: "George Lunt" <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 17:48:10 -0800

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 outtolaunch@xxxxxxxx asks:

>I'm using Juno 5.0 Build 33, Premium, on a computer
>with Win 98 SE. My IE is (it says) Ver 5.5.

>Is there any downside to my downloading IE 6?

Hi Peggy, and All,

I've been running that combo, Juno 5, Win 98 SE and IE 6 for quite some
time now with no problems.  I know of no particular downside to using IE
6 except that once installed you're going to want to make sure you head
over to Windows Update and get any patches for IE 6 that may be
available.

>And will it work with Juno, which I gather uses an
>integrated version of IE 5?

IE 5 is no more or less "integrated" with Juno than IE 6.  Juno uses the
IE display engine and security, but it is not "part of" IE, nor is IE
part of Juno.  Juno just uses part of the IE program for it's
operations.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.