[JA] Followup Re: Juno's cookies

  • From: bob.in.jersey@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:02:24 EDT

For Jèrel DD Arbaugh...

I changed my profile for that list on Yahoo to have messages sent to
another address which I access using Netscape Messenger, but because
of a particular quirk in our machine or Windows that causes Juno to
'intercept' attempts to reply to Netscape messages*, I ended up
sending my latest reply to the list from Juno, and sure as shootin',
another bounce came -- howbeit to the other address to which I had
the profile changed -- saying the exact same thing, that because of
that 'cookie.juno.com' header, they STILL can't deliver the message
to that particular person.  As you suggested, I've forwarded the
headers from the earlier bounces to 'postmaster' and 'abuse' at
Juno.  This IS a Juno problem...

The person whose provider is generating these bounces, and I haven't
let on about this before, is in Cuba.  Could Juno have some policy
regarding communications to that nation that they haven't previously
let on about?  I don't see as such in the terms of service.

*To make a long story short, my workaround for stopping these
'interceptions' is to close any Netscape windows in whose specific
thread (history) is any page at a juno.com server, and then if
necessary restart Netscape, so that the first page displaying is
not one from Juno.

--
BoB