[JA] End of free services?, was: Re: Juno's Finances

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:36:30 -0700

Thanks for the heads up <sigh>.

I feel the same way. I have gotten used to Juno email. Juno Web does not
connect much at all here, so have gotten another ISP for that service
[and with pure DUN and 128 MB RAM, the Conexant winmodem in the old
emachine really "rocks," dependable connections made at levels to 53K].
Recently found some text which explains the POP3 stuff regarding sending
problems, ports, forwarding, etc. in a way I finally understand.

Here is an excerpt from the article
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-6686998.html?tag=st.ne.1005.saslnk.s
aseml :
Juno Chief Executive Charles Ardai said he expects the merger with
NetZero to be completed before the end of the year. Under the combined
company, called United Online, Juno will offer only paid Internet access,
leaving the free subscriptions to NetZero, Ardai said.

thepccat

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org