[JA] 695online.com

  • From: James E Henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:03:07 -0400

> Subject: [JA] 695online.com
> From: Leslie S Gottlieb <lesliepearson@xxxxxxxx>

LG> Sorry, I wouldn't use them. They just spammed my other Juno account.

Do you know this is so?  Though the rulers of Nigeria have much to answer
for, you wouldn't hold them responsible for the widespread Nigerian
Finance Ministry spam scam, would you?  Most spam uses forged return
addresses. Five years ago I knew people who wouldn't use Juno because
they got so much spam from Juno soliciting them to sign up.  It was all
forged in some jerk's war of liberation against Juno's "oppressive"
attitude towards spam.

Incidentally, there are thousands of ethical E-mail advertisers who honor
any request to drop you from the list.  Their genuine drop options look
just like the phony drop options spammers use.  It's like distinguishing
which little plants in your garden are weeds.  You can, for one, pull up
all the plants.  Then the ones that keep coming back, bigger than ever,
are weeds.

> Subject: [JA] CONFIGURING IE TO OPEN WORDPAD
> From: bvcb@xxxxxxxx

BB> Also, what happens if you open an HTML formatted message
> in wordpad?  Is it all machine language, or can you read it?

It is HTML source.  Some people like to read HTML sources directly,
especially when code keys are sparse as they often are in E-mail.  Most
prefer to use a browser for all HTML, or for all but the very simplest.