[JA] 1.49 email hangs computer, was: Re: Re: Juno and Tourbus

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:01:57 -0700

Well, you do not need to wait that long. Somebody will chime in soon who
uses 1.49 regularly, or has a better memory than I :-). With Juno not
running, you need to use File Manager to find which folder represents
your in basket for the account. I recall that the messages will be in a
large text file, one after the other. You just go in there with a text
editor and remove the offending messages [which will be too large for
1.49 to process but long enough to have been sent to you :-( ]. If you
keep your inbasket clean, you could simply delete the contents. Or,
rename the file  to another extension, restart Juno, and I believe Juno
would create a new empty inbasket and you could go on with life. Then you
could poke around in the old inbasket file and get out any messages you
wished, pasting them into new email messages as desired.

I'd hang in for the expert with directions. However, waiting, know there
is a reliable solution to the problem, and you can continue to use 1.49
while the support from Juno lasts.

thepccat

[...]