[juneau-lug] Re: home server

  • From: Myron Davis <myrond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 14:33:05 -0800

I'm still a big fan of debian (w/ gentoo a close second);  there is
probably some nice hardware to replace your 386.  I went and got a small
piece of hardware (a NTA350-0H0W-B-A-NA), cost me under $200 with a 64GB
SSD and 8GB of ram.  That model is discontinued now, but hardware has
gotten very cheap!  (it runs debian great though!)