[juneau-lug] Re: LUG BB&B June 12

  • From: "Myron Davis" <myrond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:22:27 -0800 (AKDT)

WDS = Wireless Distribution System

basically it allows APs to act as clients and AP's at the same time as
long as both AP's are on the same channel.  And if configured (which most
are) it will bridge the connection allowing multiple devices to hop
between several radios before getting to its destination this allows grid
networking essentially :)

There was a slashdot article on hacking a linksys WRT54GS

http://tinyurl.com/2pbol

WDS is mentioned in the article but for some reason not stressed.  I don't
think it's caught on enough as people have not realized the full potential
of it... yet.

-Myron