[juneau-lug] Re: LUG BB&B June 12

  • From: "Myron Davis" <myrond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 12:52:37 -0800 (AKDT)

<snip>

> Topics?
>
> -Jamie

<snip>

Here is one possibility, it might be a little overambitious as I can't do
it by myself, setup a WDS network.

This would require the following from people, bring in a laptop w/ a prism
2/2.5 or 3.0 chipset load the hostap drivers then bridge the WDS network
w/ the AP network.

WDS allows AP's to talk to each other and allowing AP's to act as bridges
at the same time.  (Thereby creating a large either routable or bridgeable
network completely wireless)

I think Jake already has hostap on his laptop if I remember right and if
he is coming that would be a great help.  I got a laptop at state surplus
for this precise purpose to act as a WDS system, just don't know if I'll
have it ready by the time of the meeting.

I have 2 long-range senaocards which are hostap compatible which I can
bring in addition to several short range cabletron's (if I can find them!)
which can be used.

IF anybody does not have a prism2/2.5/3 wireless card I can let someone
borrow a long-range Senao Card to experiment on until the meeting.

Just a thought, this may be too ambitious but it is probably doable.

-Myron