[jhb] Re: VFR Airfields Vol 2.

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 08:26:20 +0100

Re reading this post, I hasten to add that the reference to objects also seen in my farmstrips should have included " by third party freeware object designers". They aren't mine!

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:
I posted a heads up on the second volume of airfields from the GS stable, a couple of days ago. Despite misgivings, because the price has gone up significantly, I was persuaded to order it. I'm still wading through them and had located at about 50%. So far I'm underwhelmed.

First stops were at the bigger ones; Stansted, Luton and East Midlands. The Terminals are little better than Default quality and not remotely comparable with those at his Xtreme, or even Freebie airports.

The blurb mentions the use of Bespoke buildings but at many of the smaller fields the same hangers and other furniture are seen. In quite a few cases I recognise statics, lorries, etc, etc, because almost identical objects are used in my farm strips....

They are acceptable replacements for Default airfields but, where they overlap with Tony's output, or particularly with Paul's Birmingham, the GS versions are now in storage.

Anyone else bought them?