[jhb] Re: Tonight

  • From: "Frank Fisher" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 13:37:28 -0000

TonightBt replaced about 30m of underground cable to my house last Thursday 25.
I run a speed test that evening
Before the fault.
Rate 2.3mb
actual 1.8mb

Thursday
Max 7.0mb
rate 2.6mb
actual 2.3

Today Sunday
Max 7.1mb
rate 3.4mb
actual 2.6mb

BT says that it takes about 10 days for the system to settle, but it is looking
good for me to get at least a 70% increase on what I had before the fault.
Apparently, there was a miss connection in the access point, cable colors not
matching, and a probable damage to the cable between.

Frank F