[jhb] Re: List activity

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:59:50 +0100

I've just watched the recording that I made of this programme.  Oh dear,
BBC!  I thought that I was watching an episode of 'Blue Peter'.  The three
presenters (THREE??) would have been better suited  on CBBC or, as Mr L
said, 'Springwatch' where that could wave their hands around with gay
abandon.  Too much  'Gosh', 'Amazing', 'Fantastic', 'Incredible',
'Stunning' etc for my liking.

when Ms Humble said (words to the effect) " See that big plane over there,
the one with the big hump?  I'm told that's a 747."  followed by ".he'll
be on  the runway with a couple of baseball bats directing traffic." I
almost gave up the will to live.  There were some good video sequences but
the in-between bits were so cringe making that I most certainly won't be
watching any further episodes.

I couldn't help thinking that all the airport staff, ATC and flight crew
'interviewed' must have been so embarrassed to have been involved.!

MikeB

p.s.  Would someone please dig up Raymond Baxter (or even James Burke.!)