[jhb] Re: List activity

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:23:01 +0100

Still here ... although I must agree the crew lounge is rather quiet these
days.

BBC Airport Live - I think I have had enough of the 'Springwatch' format
which, particularly with Kate Humble leading last night, didn't seem
appropriate for a documentary about a major airport.  Not sure that the
subject matter can sustain further programmes every night this week.
 Nothing in last night's programme was really new to me (having had
privileged access to Heathrow airside in the past) - but I would have liked
some proper detail (Horizon perhaps) on the current ATC systems in
operation.  My image is still based on my experience with systems 40 years
ago, with paper flight strips.  (Bones will groan at this)!!

Mike L