[jhb] Re: IVAO Question

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:12 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> Confused.
>
> When you say the two applications did not sit happily together do
> you mean
> FSX and FS9?
>
> bones

Sorry yes I did. This is on a machine with only 25b Mbytes RAM.  FS9
would take 30 minutes to load when FSX was installed. 2 minutes when FSX
is removed. I was sharing the VFGM scenery which may have had some
influence.

I have the horizon FSX scenery and have installed one area - the north.
In map view all the land shows as sea and when flying near Liverpool
inbound from the south or from the east FSX hangs after about 4 minutes
flying.

I have lost patience with it, frankly.  FS9 does all I ever want to do,
certainly for now and the foreseeable future. I'll leave FSX on my laptop,
but the other two machines on which it was loaded have now had it
removed.

Peter