[jhb] Re: IVAO

  • From: Peter Dodds <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 13:38:25 +0100

There's plenty of activity on VATSIM with Cix VFR Club, Gerry.  Now I am absolutely not poaching JHB members, absolutely not - just come and join in the fun as JHB Airlines.  You will be warmly welcomed, as Frank knows. There's a Bristol based group called Clifton Flyers who sometimes join in with our activities at Gloucester - they do their thing and we do ours.

Shoreham Mondays, Gloucestershire Tuesdays, Goodwood (Tiger Team Display practice) Wednesdays, Denham Thursdays, Biggin Hill Fridays.  At the weekend - go where you like - Cix VFR doesn't fly weekends!! :-) Apart from Wednesdays, there is ATC on at these fields, plus Gatwick seems to be manned almost 24/7 these days.

I begin to doubt whether I shall bother rejoining IVAO. I only ever fly the once in 3 months qualifier. Far too busy otherwise.
Peter

Gerry Winskill
29 June 2012 12:20

For the UK VFR flying that is what I mainly do, it's hardly worth the hassle of flying IVAO and not seeing any other aircraft.

Gerry Winskill

tom smith
29 June 2012 12:06

Join the club Gerry