[jhb] Re: Horizon VFR Gen X Scotland

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:34:31 +0100

Apparently it's something they can't do anything about but, to my eye, the colours of the aerial photographs are far too unsaturated. Too little contrast as well. I find it difficult to spot the roads in some areas.

Hope mainland Scotland is more colourful and sharper.

Gerry Winskill

Fossil wrote:
Yep - saw it too.

Surprised that Scotland is a five part release so if they are all 30 quid it
mounts up to an expensive collection.

The screenshots taken around Benbecula and Stornoway look good. Some of the
other shots seem a bit dull (maybe the sun wasn't out when they took them)
so the hills didn't have the vibrant colours I remember. It would have been
nice to see shots around Seaforth Loch and Callanish..

The page has a big plug for Barra as being one of the few beach airstrips in
the world so but doesn't mention Sollas which has also been active since the
1930's.