[jhb] Re: Holland

  • From: Phil Reynolds <phil.reynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 07:28:51 +0100

Hi Gerry,

I tried to download the scenery via BitTorrent a while back but gave up after a couple of days trying. :-(

Phil

On 14/06/2012 15:44, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Well, the product I'd been pointed at was NL2000. In its latest version it's a genuine photoscenery. It's head and shoulders above the earlier Horizon version, with higher definition and much better colour. Better still, it has AG trees and some AG buildings included, together with acceptable levels of 3D buildings. It also has the canals as water features. At the moment about the only airfield not in, as custom fields, is Schipol and I understand that is on the way.

I almost forgot, it's Freeware!

The only downsides are getting it and then laboriously installing it. I was fortunate in that someone loaned me a five disk set that he'd made but I have to return it today. Otherwise I think it's a 35Gb BiTorrent download. A search on NL2000 should tell you more.

Gerry Winskill

On 07/06/2012 20:22, Gerry Winskill wrote:
No, I still have that in the cupboard. It was a genuine photographic
scenery, by Horizon. I did a quite big Europort, to go with it. No-one
else seemed to do any third party addons for it, though quite a few did
for the pseudo photoscenery that preceeded it.

Perhaps it was called NL2000? Does that ring any bells?

I stopped using VFR Netherlands, partly because of absence of addons but
also because the area is mainly flat and, by comparison with the UK,
uninteresting.

Gerry Winskill

On 07/06/2012 20:14, Fossil wrote:
VFR Netherlands?